Radio Bumper Rework

I decided to edit the first radio bumper I created for class during week 5. I realized how awful it actually sounds when I worked on one of the bumpers for our podcast. Just listen to the first one. It’s pretty bad.

The major changes are that I actually say more than 5 words. I wrote a little longer script for it, and even with that it’s still only 17 seconds like my first one, but the reworked bumper has more substance than the original.

I changed the music. I am still not too pleased with it, but it does play throughout the bumper whereas the original only plays music at the beginining and end. There is a lot of silence in that one, and it really doesn’t serve a purpose.

It’s better than the first, but I still think there is room for improvement. I would like to do more work with sound effects rather than just using one sound clip, if that makes sense.

Well, that’s all. Let me know what you think.

One thought on “Radio Bumper Rework”

  1. Hi Lillian! I really like this bumper. I like the blend of you and the background sounds – which make it interesting, but do not overpower your voice. Everything is also super clear!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *